- This event has passed.
July 1 - September 1
1874 Northwich Football Club is 100% owned and run by its supporters.
1874 Northwich FC is truly ours and one of the ways that is expressed is in the renewal of our annual membership. For as little as ten pounds per year, we get an opportunity to own our own football club. You don’t need to be a millionaire, you don’t need to be rich or influential, anyone can become a co-owner of this football club.
In football we represent one of the few examples of a football club that is wholly owned by its supporters and our constitution ensures that the club can never be bought by an individual or a company. As a club member we all have equal voting rights and an equal share of responsibility towards the clubs future.
As a club shareholder you get to;
– Vote on all major decisions such as electing the board
– Stand for election to the board
– Attend our annual general meeting and put ideas forward in the form of resolutions or members’ votes
– Be involved in one of the club’s volunteer-led working groups or committees
– View board agendas, minutes and reports
– See the club’s financial and operational position and plans for the future
– Vote on admission prices for the forthcoming season
– Choose the new playing shirt for the next season
– Attend regular members’ meetings and board surgeries and ask the questions that matter to you
But with ownership comes responsibility too.
By signing up as a member you become a custodian of this football club and it is your responsibility to love it, nurture it into achieving its full potential but at the same time ensuring that the club, in everything it does, remains true to its founding principles.
– The Board will be democratically elected by its members.
– Decisions taken by the membership will be decided on a one member, one vote basis.
– The club will develop strong links with the local community and strive to be accessible to all.
– The club will endeavour to make admission prices as affordable as possible, to as wide a constituency as possible.
– The club will encourage young, local participation – playing and supporting – whenever possible.
– The club will remain a non-profit organisation.
The health of this football club rests on its members playing an active role in all aspects of the running of the club, asking questions of the board and remaining vigilant at all times.
Membership offers an opportunity to influence how the football club is run, at 1874 Northwich our one member one vote democracy means that everyone has an equal say in the running of the football club.
In order to help us plan and budget effectively for the 2017 / 18 season, we would ask all supporters to consider purchasing their membership for the new season as soon as possible.
Bronze Membership costs as little as £10 per year ( £5 concessions), but if you are able to, Silver Membership at £10 per month is greatly appreciated by the club.
Whichever level of membership you take, you still get one vote and your vote is as equally important as the next members.
For details of becoming an owner of 1874 Northwich Football Club either
Contact any board member for details,
Download an application form at https://1874northwich.com/become_an_owner/ complete and return to any club official,