1874 Northwich FC are looking to add two exciting positions to the clubs portfolio of volunteers as we embark on our first season in the Northern Premier League Division One West.
Match day Secretary.
Supporting our Football Secretary, this position entails managing the match day protocols at First Team games. Close liaison with 1874 Management, Match and Opposition Officials is integral to the position and full training and support will be provided. The role would suit an enthusiastic individual who may have previous experience in a similar position and who is looking to progress with an ambitious football club at a higher level.
Media and Communications Officer.
We are looking for an ambitious and committed person to come and join the club as our Media and Communications Officer.
The role would be extremely well suited for somebody that has a keen interest in progressing within the sports media industry and Non-League football.
As Media and Communications Officer, you are responsible for liaising with the management team, the board, the Northwich Guardian and The Pitchin-In Northern Premier League.
You will control the clubs output and overall image across various news and social media channels.
• Recording Pre/Post Match interviews with the players and managers
• Conduct interviews for the club websites
• Provide Live matchday radio updates to Cheshire’s Silk.1069 FM
• Write a weekly column on behalf of the club for the Northwich Guardian
• Distribute internal club information to the relevant parties
• Communicate player signings/departures
• Writing Match Reports
• Experience in a role similar to advertised
• Studying towards a Sports Journalism or Media related degree
• Capable use of Adobe Software
• Strong Communication skills
• Knowledge of football at this level
• Working in a team
1874 Northwich FC is a progressive and ambitious football club and we’re delighted to see the progress of some of our former volunteers. Our former Media Officer has now moved onto working in the Media Team at Wrexham AFC, our former photographer has been working at the Tokyo Olympic Games and our former Kitman now works for Manchester United.
The club is 100% supporter owned and run on a Community Benefit basis.
For further information regarding either of these positions please contact